BRIDGE WEEK INFORMATION
CLARION HOTEL BOOKED
The host hotel for Bridge Week is now booked. Please see below
Holiday Inn Airport West (204) 885-4478 $108.00 plus tax
Greenwood Inn and Suites (204) 775-9889 $99.00 plus tax
Both hotels are about a 5 minute cab ride from the Clarion.
COPC Pairs qualified for subsidy - click
Events not requiring Pre-Qualification
CSTC - Canadian Senior Team Championship
- four day event: Wednesday, May 30 - Saturday, June 2, 2007
- all players must be 58 (or turning 58 by Oct. 1, 2007) or older
- all players must be paid up members of the CBF
- entry fees: $220 per team per day (includes $100 IF Surtax)
- pre-registration not required. Purchase your entry prior to start
time on Day 1.
- Day 1: 11:00am & 5:30pm. At least 50% of the teams will qualify
for Day 2.
- Day 2: 11:00am & 5:30pm. Top four teams qualify for Day 3.
- Day 3: 10:00am & 4:30pm. Two winning teams qualify for the
- Day 4: Final: 10:00am & 4:30pm
- 2007 CSTC Champions will represent Canada in the Senior Cup at
the 2007 World Team Championships in Shanghai, China.
CIPC - Canadian Imp Pairs Championship
- one day, two session event: Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:00pm &
- entry fee: $20 per player per session.
- all participants must be paid up members of the CBF.
- no pre-registration required. Purchase your entry prior to start
- Cash prizes for top three pairs.
Canadian Open Pairs
Friday, June 1 and Saturday, June 2, 2007. Start times: 11:00am
& 5:30pm each day.
- All entrants must have club round qualification and be paid up
- Entry fees: $20 per player per session
- No pre-registration required. Purchase your entry prior to start
- 2007 COPC champions receive a $2000 cash prize and a further $2000
in subsidy money if they attend the 2009 Open Pairs at the Open
- Travel subsidy: see the CBF website for list of those eligible
for travel subsidy.
CNTC – A: Round Robin: $870 per team – includes $200
Quarter Final & Semi-Final: $220 per team – includes $100
Final: $340 per team – includes $100 IF Surtax
CNTC – B: Round Robin: $510 per team
Semi-Final & Final: $120 per team
CWTC: Round Robin: $710 per team – includes $200 IF Surtax
Semi-Final & Final: $220 per team – includes $100 IF Surtax
CSTC: $220 per team per day – includes $100 IF Surtax
CIPC: $20 per player per session
COPC: $20 per player per session
Clarion Hotel Playing Site
Clarion Hotel & Suites
1445 Portage Avenue
Special Bridge Week Rates: $99.99 single $109.99 double
Must book by May 11, 2007 to ensure special rate
Make sure to mention Canadian Bridge Tournament when making reservations.
The Clarion Hotel and Suites Winnipeg Airport/ Polo Park is Winnipeg's
newest and most exciting full service hotel. The Clarion features
world-class, spacious accommodations, ranging from business suites
to family rooms. Our indoor waterpark is one of the largest in Canada,
complete with 2-story waterslide, therapeutic pool, hot tubs, kiddie
pool, cascading waterfall, and scenic rock wall. The Clarion also
features a full service day spa with exotic mineral pool.
At the Clarion luxurious details are standard, all rooms come equipped
with granite bar tops, desk with high-speed internet connection,
iron with ironing board, coffee maker, and hairdryer. For the business
traveler we offer suites with separate living room areas, king size
bed, leather desk chair, fridge, microwave, and full access to our
business center for photocopying, printing, e-mail, or fax. Those
looking for a romantic getaway will love our choice of twelve theme
rooms with in-room Jacuzzis.
The Clarion is located at the hub of Winnipeg business and entertainment.
Manitoba's largest shopping mall, Polo Park Shopping Center is directly
across the street. Winnipeg International Airport is only 2 minutes
away. Winnipeg Arena and Stadium is one block from the hotel and
downtown Winnipeg is only 5 minutes by car.